As a growing communications consultancy Lexington is always on the lookout for new talent to join our dynamic team of consultants.
If you’d like to see what some of our former colleagues have gone on to achieve, visit our Alumni page to see how their experience at Lexington furthered their careers.
We treat all approaches with the strictest confidence.
We’re always interested to talk with talented professionals who might add something new to the team. Whether you are a public affairs or PR professional, have a background in politics, or come from the world of business or the media, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Please send CVs with a covering letter to: email@example.com
GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
We run a paid internship programme aimed at recent graduates. A high proportion of interns go on to become permanent Lexington consultants.
Internships run on a rolling basis and are tailored to individuals and to the needs of the agency. They usually last between one and three months.
If you are interested in a graduate position at Lexington, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Media and Communications Researcher
Lexington Communications is looking for a first-rate Media and Communications Researcher to join our successful and growing media and corporate communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across a number of client accounts in sectors spanning education, the creative industries, transport, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. You will play a key role in the team, with a wide variety of work including campaigns, media relations, PR, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
While no day is the same, tasks will include:
– media monitoring
– drafting and selling in press materials to trade, print and broadcast media
– building media contact lists on behalf of clients
– drafting comments on important issues
– contributing to client meetings and brainstorms
– supporting with media management at events
– providing general assistance to the media and corporate communications team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
You will be expected to support on social media and digital activity, including content creation, engagement on social networks including LinkedIn and Twitter, and use of multimedia channels for effective campaigning.
We are looking for someone who is:
– An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
– Positive, with a can-do attitude and genuinely interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
– Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
– Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
– Able to contribute to devising media and communications strategies for clients and think of creative ways to sell in stories to the media;
– Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
– Able to understand, summarise and communicate complex issues for different audiences;
– Prepared to work hard and always carry out tasks to the highest possible standards.
– Previous experience in a busy newsroom, press office or agency environment (one to two years, including internships);
– Experience with photo/video editing;
– Experience producing podcasts;
– Familiarity with media databases such as Gorkana and Roxhill;
– Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment.
Closing date: 15 June 2018
Interview dates: Interviews may take place before the closing date, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Start date: July 2018
To apply, please send a CV and a brief covering letter, explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com.