As a growing communications consultancy Lexington is always on the lookout for new talent to join our dynamic team of consultants.
If you’d like to see what some of our former colleagues have gone on to achieve, visit our Alumni page to see how their experience at Lexington furthered their careers.
We treat all approaches with the strictest confidence.
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
Lexington Communications is looking for a first-rate Media and Communications Consultant to join our successful and growing media and corporate communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across a number of client accounts in sectors spanning the creative industries, transport, construction, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. You will play a key role, supporting on campaigns, media relations, PR, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
We are looking for a candidate with two to three years’ experience in a communications agency, in-house, or relevant media role (such as a newsroom), who is capable of the following tasks:
- Drafting and selling in press materials to trade, print and broadcast media
- Contributing to the development of strategic communications and campaign planning
- Advising clients on the media agenda
- Drafting media comments, Q&As and key message documents on important issues
- Building media contact lists on behalf of clients
- Media monitoring, research and coverage metrics
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
You will be expected to support on social media and digital activity, including content creation, engagement on social networks, and use of multimedia channels for effective campaigning.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
- A creative thinker when it comes to selling in stories to the media;
- Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
- Experience with photo/video editing;
- Experience producing podcasts;
- Familiarity with media databases such as Factiva and Roxhill;
- Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment.
Lexington has a strong track record of supporting employees’ career development and providing ongoing training opportunities.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 9th October 2018.
Interviews will take place by the end of October.
We’re always interested to talk with talented professionals who might add something new to the team. Whether you are a public affairs or PR professional, have a background in politics, or come from the world of business or the media, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Please send CVs with a covering letter to: email@example.com
GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
We run a paid internship programme aimed at recent graduates. A high proportion of interns go on to become permanent Lexington consultants.
Internships run on a rolling basis and are tailored to individuals and to the needs of the agency. They usually last between one and three months.
If you are interested in a graduate position at Lexington, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org